Monday 5 April 2010

more things like this

At christmas i got a copy of More Things Like This, a book featuring artists using text and imagery in a symbiotic way with neither functioning alone. I love the single frame narratives or situations in here people like David Shrigley and Raymond Pettibon that I know and others completely new to me. I think the extra dimensions you can add to picture with text is amazing, instead of explaining an image you can open up an additional range of potential meanings. For my centre spread rather than making a single bold image I'm having 2 captioned images that function as a very simple/open narrative. cause it's just a picture a page it's a different/refreshing dynamic from the rest of the zine and could act as a poster.

here are some pictures from the royal art lodge,






No comments:

Post a Comment